Please see the following message from Bridges to Belonging:
"We would like to advise you of an urgent matter concerning future funding for the infrastructure for independent facilitation by the Ministry of Children's and Community Social Services (MCCSS).
As you may or may not be aware, Bridges to Belonging along with 6 other Independent Facilitation Organizations were funded to provide independent facilitation across Ontario through the Ministry of Children's and Community Social Services (MCCSS) since April 1, 2015. This funding arrangement expires on March 31, 2019.
To date, the Ministry has not provided any indication that the current funding arrangement will continue. Based on the current Provincial government's budgeting reviews and timelines, it appears highly unlikely that future funding will be extended beyond March 31, 2019.
The Ontario Independent Facilitation Network (OIFN) has held a number of constructive discussions with both elected and public service officials in the Government of Ontario to describe the value, benefits and positive impact that independent facilitation has provided in the lives of people with disabilities.
Over the next few days and weeks there are a number of things that you can do to be advocate for the continuation of funding for independent facilitation in Ontario.
- Attend the Family Information Session:Thursday, January 17th, 2019 from 6-9pm in Room 2015, at the Family Centre 65, Hanson Ave. Kitchener
- Join the Independent Facilitation Matters Advocacy movement by subscribing to and participating on the social media sites: http://www.independentfacilitationmatters.com and visit, like and share the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/independentfacilitationmatters
- Post a testimonial statement and/or upload a 1-2 minute video clip about why independent facilitation matters to you. (How to instructions are provided on the site)
- A helpful app that you may wish to use can be found at wetransfer.com. You may wish to contact your local MPP either by phone call and/or email your 2 minute video (using wetransfer) about why Independent Facilitation is important
- Participate in the Province of Ontario Budget Consultations at https://www.ontario.ca/page/budget-consultations
For more information, please feel free to contact either Donnamarie Dunk, Executive Director at 519-886-8886 ext 2420 or Roz Vincent-Haven, Board Chair at 519-746-7950.