Since 2009, WRFN has supported families of children with special needs, both with and without a diagnosis, in Waterloo Region by providing resources and facilitating meaningful connections in all life stages. As a peer-developed and peer-driven network, WRFN is uniquely able to understand how to serve the needs of exceptional families, so they can thrive.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, innovative, passionate and respectful person for the position of
Fundraising & Communications Officer
to work as part of the WRFN team to achieve the organization’s fundraising goals, revenue targets and communications strategy objectives.
- A passion to support families and individuals living with special needs through respectful storytelling, fundraising & community engagement
- Post-secondary education in either fundraising management or communications
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a non-profit environment
- Strong understanding of fundraising principles and practices
- Ability to grow relations & manage a range of relationships with prospects & donors
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills with attention to detail & accuracy
- Ability to articulate a strong organizational case for support & call to action in fundraising materials prepared for foundations, corporations & individual donors
- Experience developing & writing for communications materials – brochures, gratitude reports, newsletters, websites, social media, stewardship materials, donor appeals, etc.
- Exceptional organizational skills with ability to effectively meet deadlines & set priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently & collaboratively as part of a team
- Creative & adaptive to change
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the WRFN team to support organizational objectives related to fundraising & communications
- Communications for different audiences
- Expanding on existing positive organizational reputation
- Content development for gratitude reports, donor stewardship communications, monthly newsletters, weekly social media presence & annual fundraising appeals
- Website updates & management
- Implementation of a development plan which focuses on building authentic & strong relationships with individuals, foundations & corporate donors
- Researching & evaluating prospective donors to develop personalized approaches in order to build long-lasting donor relationships
- Working closely with the Executive Director to prepare donor stewardship materials
- Tracking of the development plan results
- Development & execution of the annual appeal
- Donation processing, receipting & tracking
- Assisting with the annual Signature Fundraising Event
$48,000 - $55,000 (depending on experience)
To apply for this position, please send cover letter and resume to:
Waterloo Region Family Network
65 Hanson Ave., Kitchener ON N2C 2H6
Or by email to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: Wednesday December 18, 2019
Waterloo Region Family Network welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for your interest in this position and regret that we are able to contact only those invited for an interview.