Join this fun and unique way to learn about sexuality that provides educational opportunities for both adults with a develop-mental disability and the staff who support them.
- how to talk about sex with people you support
- street smarts
- responding to disclosure
- sexually transmitted infections
- sex and technology
- consent and boundaries
- sexual assault/abuse
- intimacy and physical disabilities
Basic understanding of sexuality is a prerequisite to attend this more advanced decision-making and confidence-building educational opportunity. Each adult with a developmental disability must be accompanied by an agency support person. Together they will form teams in a survivor mode forum that playfully encourages everyone to “Outwit, Outplay and Outlaugh” other participants to develop sexuality confidence.
Learning Objectives and Strategies will include:
- Providing opportunities to discuss sexuality in an open and humorous way using visual, tactile and interactive learning strategies
- Fostering communication about sexuality and relationships between adults with a developmental disability and the people who support them
- Providing everyone with skills and materials to promote healthy sexuality
This workshop is not appropriate for individuals who are known sex offenders. All participants must be 18 years of age or older.
Date: Friday, April 26, 2019 and Friday, May 03, 2019
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Location: Region of Waterloo Public Health, 99 Regina St. S., Waterloo, Room 508
Cost: $45.00 Includes Lunch and Snacks
Registration Deadline: April 19, 2019
Register early as space is limited
If you have questions or would like to learn how to register please contact Terry Mayou at 519-897-0357.
Brought to you by: The Sexual Health and Developmental Disabilities Conference Committee of Waterloo Region:
- K-W Habilitation
- Region of Waterloo Public Health
- Griffin Centre Toronto
- Developmental Services Resource Centre - Waterloo Region
- Rainbows pride in Scarborough
Along with Speakers from Shore and ACCKWA