Fund Development Assistant – Waterloo Region Family Network (WRFN)
Part time – 20 hrs/week
Waterloo Region Family Network (WRFN) was founded for families, by families of children with exceptionalities. Through a strong network of parents and an innovative community partnership model, we are the trusted voice of families with special needs, offering lifelong support for families, children, youth and adults as they navigate the world of special needs. We continually strive for an accepting and understanding community in which we help to Educate, Connect and Empower families and individuals. Our overarching purpose is to serve the family to support the child.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and innovative person for the position of
Fund Development Assistant
to work in partnership with the WRFN Team
to achieve the organization’s fundraising goals and revenue targets.
- Post-secondary education in non-profit management, fundraising management or other related field
- Minimum five years experience in non-profit, agency or government environment
- Experience developing & writing funding proposals
- Strong understanding of fundraising principles & practices
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills with attention to detail & accuracy
- Exceptional organizational skills with ability to effectively meet deadlines & set priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently & collaboratively as part of a team
- Creativity, flexibility & adaptability to change
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the WRFN Team to support organizational objectives related to fund development
- Managing grant application processes
- Tracking grant agreements and evaluations
- Assisting with development of grant reports
- Working closely with Executive Director to prepare donor stewardship materials
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Waterloo Region Family Network
65 Hanson Ave.,
Kitchener ON N2C 2H6
Or by email to:
Application Deadline: Friday, November 23, 2018
Waterloo Region Family Network welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for your interest in this position and regret that we are able to contact only those invited for an interview.