Disabilities Mentoring Day (DMD) is a full day of job shadowing that was started right here in Kitchener in 2011 by Dolphin Digital Technology to showcase the talent people with disabilities have and to provide greater access to accessible employers. DMD is now a national event bringing together employers across Canada with people who self identify as having a disability for a day of mentoring.
Goals for Dolphin Disabilities Mentoring Day:
- To provide mentees access to workplace contacts, environments, skills, & HR process,
- To increase confidence among students and jobseekers with disabilities,
- To enhance internship, co-operative education and employment opportunities for persons with disabilities,
- To dispel employers’ fears about hiring people with disabilities and promote disability confidence,
- To give employers an opportunity to benchmark themselves as being accessible to what is a largely untapped pool of talent as well as a massive consumer market.
To apply to be a mentee fill out the online survey or complete the fillable application and email it to Lisa Livingston.
The deadline to register is is Friday, September 21.
Please contact Lisa with any questions you might have at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-579-5530 ext. 262.