Come out for an afternoon of fun and explore the different camp, recreation and respite options available across the Central West Region!
Developmental Services has distributed the March 2015 edition of the “Spotlight on Transformation” Newsletter.
In this issue:
• 14,000 people getting new direct funding
• Housing Task Force seeking innovative ideas
2015 call for proposals
The Developmental Services Housing Task Force of the Ministry of Community and Social Services – the first ever cross-sector Task Force to tackle housing issues specifically for adults with developmental disabilities – is now welcoming proposals for original housing solutions.
Project eligibility – overview
To qualify for consideration, projects should:
• develop partnerships among individuals, families, community agencies, multiple levels of government and the private sector
• expand the range of options and choices available to adults with developmental disabilities beyond what is currently funded through the Ministry of Community and Social Services
• demonstrate ways to improve the existing developmental services system, including ways to reduce wait lists for housing and residential supports in a timely manner
• promote individualized approaches through inclusive, community-based supports
Projects will be selected through a competitive process, which will include recommendations to the ministry based on a review from external experts as well as the Housing Task Force.
Applicants should submit their completed proposal submission form no later than 5:00 p.m. on April 24, 2015.
The Ontario Adult Autism Research and Support Network has posted their latest “Creative Supports Bulletin”, which includes information about events and resources in the area, as well as an update on developmental services and housing. Please click here to read the January 15th edition.
Please see below for Issue 37 of Spotlight on Transformation – Issue 39 . Inside the issue is information about more funding for developmental services.