As a courtesy to our WRFN members we often post about events or programs that directly relate to you. The Down Syndrome Clinic Initiative may be a service that you can use, and helping you makes us happy! See what they have to say here:
Our friends at the Down Syndrome Association of Hamilton (DSAH) have organized an Online Workshop on Behaviour and Down Syndrome in partnership with the Down syndrome program at Boston Children’s Hospital. The presenter is Dr David Stein, Psy, D.
Join Community Living Hamilton for a night of learning and discussion about the role of nutrition and metabolism in the development of your child and adults living with Down syndrome. This session is intended for anyone involved in the well being of a person living with Down syndrome, from parents, caregivers, medical and health practitioners associated with the care of a loved one with Down syndrome. It takes a village to raise a child and the more knowledgeable their members, the stronger the team!
Are you a Mom of a child 6 and under with Down syndrome?
Would you like an opportunity to connect with other moms with similarly aged children?
On June 6th, from 9:30-11:30, we moms have the opportunity to meet at Our Place/ Early Years Centre in Kitchener to reconnect, chat, and enjoy each others’ company in a relaxed environment. While children younger than a year will stay in our care, children between the ages of 1 and 6 will be provided with a fun childcare program staffed by qualified ECE workers on the premises.
All that is required of this free event is that you register in advance. Please email me at email@example.com by Thursday, May 28th in order to register. The following information must be included:
The name and ages of all children attending
We hope to see you there!
New Parent Contact – KW
Mothers’ Connection Coordinator
The Up Side Down Charity Golf Tournament registration is in full swing for the June 15 event. To date, we have seen tremendous support with registrations and sponsorships. We are very excited how the community has supported the WRDSS and our tournament.
If you are planning to register for the event please let us know by June 1st so we can give the golf course some numbers.
Highlights for this year include:
• Again this year, Panago Pizza has graciously donated pizza for lunch for all those registered.
• We are getting close to 100 registered golfers, which would give each player a 2015 Golf North Players card valued at $99. The player’s card entitles you to 25% discount on green fees and cart rentals at all Golf North properties and 15% off apparel in the pro shop.
• Rogers Kitchener Radio Group has sponsored a closest to the pin contest where the winner will win a balloon ride for 2.
• Investors Group has sponsored a hole in one contest. The first person to get a hole in one at that designated hole will win $5,000.
• Hiller Truck Tech is sponsoring our Putting Contest this year. The winner receives a special prize.
• Lots of great LIVE and SILENT auction prizes will be available. For example, one LIVE auction item consists of a one night’s stay at the Renaissance Hotel in Toronto, Blue Jays tickets and a gift certificate for Joey restaurants in Toronto
If you know of anyone that you think would be interested in sponsoring or donating an item for our LIVE or SILENT auction, please let us know.
If you are not a golfer, you are welcome to join us for the banquet dinner, LIVE and SILENT auction. Prizes for dinner are as follows:
Children (Aged 5-18 or Young Adult with DS) $20
Children (Under age 5) FREE
We hope to see you at the tournament or at the banquet.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.