KW Habilitation's Youth Exploring Possibilities - YEP is offered for 9 weeks during the summer. This program focuses on exploring the community, including recreational and leisure centres and future volunteer and employment options.
Develop your confidence by using the Grand River Transit to access Kitchener-Waterloo. Learn more about what resources and activities your community has to offer, and discover how to use them. Meet new people and experience great adventures together!
What does YEP offer?
Past YEP participants have enjoyed activities such as:
- life skills
- cooking and baking
- arts & crafts and music such as drumming
- volunteering at local non-profit organizations
- rock climbing
- outdoor activities such as canoeing or fishing
- learning about community safety from local police and fire departments
- karate and Zumba
- attending local events and festivals
- tours of various employment settings
Who: Ages 16-21
Youth must meet eligibility for Developmental Services
When: July 2 - August 30, 2019
9:00 - 3:30pm Monday to Friday
Where: 109 Ottawa St. S., Unit D, Kitchener
This is an accessible location. Activities happen in the community.
$120 per registered 5 day week
$97 per registered 4 day week.
Youth will be supported in a 1:4 ratio. Fees are non-refundable.