From time to time, the Waterloo Region Family Network (WRFN) is asked to distribute information on behalf of third parties. WRFN provides general information to self-advocates and families of children with special needs. The information provided on this website is not a recommendation, referral or endorsement of any resource, therapeutic method, or service provider. WRFN is not responsible for any information or services provided by third parties. You are urged to use independent judgment when considering any resource.
As a parent or carer, a natural disaster can be an extremely challenging time for your family. It can be especially difficult to help your child or teen cope with the emotional distress they may experience. You might be unsure how to help. Disaster Recovery Triple P is a free seminar brought to you by the Triple P – Positive Parenting Program®, one of the most proven parenting programs in the world.
Attend this seminar to learn more about:
• Understanding common reactions in children and teenagers
• Tips for helping your child manage their emotions
• Things that can contribute to extra distress
• Why some children are more affected than others
• Common parenting “traps” and how to avoid them
• How to answer your children’s questions
• Other strategies that can help the whole family bounce back emotionally
This is a great opportunity to gain valuable knowledge and skills to support your family during challenging times